"ahah why do you ask?" she asked me
with a baffled look "hmm, you know Magarina is a man whom everybody has got
a great flare for in politics and he was known to have a good reputation in the
eyes of the poor, a stinky rich man, he had many things, and I know you knew him
because he is always on the newspaper and article everyday" I narrated to her
with some lovely gestures which made her laugh "oopppss, you're so funny pen"
She jokingly said "so are you his daughter" I asked her with a serious
look "Noo I'm not dear" she said as gazed away from my direction "but
you resembled him and...." "it's okay, I said I'm not his daughter"
she said as I noticed her voice raising "I'm sorry Lina" I apologize immediately
"spare me please!!!!" she says as she shifted away from my direction *So
she get angry easily like this* I thought "okay let go get ice cream
before the next lecturer comes in" I jokingly said as I drag her in friendly
manner "leave me alone jare" she childishly said "oya sorry now,
*someone cannot play with you, is that how you use to do* "I said as I jokingly
shrugged her ribs "she laughs, okay let me stand up by myself" she said
putting up a little smile on her face showing that she's no more angry.
After the day's lecture, I was smiling till I
got to our hostel which was on off a campus. On getting to our hostel, I met Ekony
and Perry who were already devouring the Eba and ewedu soup which I guess is being
brought by one of their side chicks/ As I entered, I was so happy that I did not
even notice how the two of them were fighting over the two plates of Eba and Ewedu.
I began to whistle around the whole room happily because I felt that I have beginning
to have one of the greatest feeling I have ever had in my life "oh boy wetin
happen to you today that makes you feel happy like this" Ekony said as he forcefully
collected the Pot of Eba from Perry.
"I continued whistling” "Guy talk to
us now, se you don hammer abi you don win Ferrari?" Perry asked as he continues
to unwrap the third wrap of the finely prepared eba "she takes away my heart,
she is the one that occupies my brain, I just can't but think of her" I began
to soliloquize "it seems our friend is in love" Ekony said as he faces
Perry who was already gulping down the last morsel of Eba in his hand "Ehn
Ehn, Pen-Brain now tell me about the lady that got over your head and turn you to
a baby" Ekony said jokingly "(faces Ekun and Perry) you guys can't understand,
I said as I walk out on them after giving them a friendly pat on their shoulders.
"Any way lover boy come and take your own
eba before Daniel comes, you know he's a lion when It comes to food" Ekony
shouted behind me as he saw me entering the kitchen. "and I hope it's not that
bitch that gat no respect for her *Baba okos*" Perry jokingly added.
Right from that day that I and Lina spoke together
we have been the best of friends, because we talk together like almost every blessed
day both on WhatsApp and Facebook, to the extent that she is now free with me but
she hasn't come to my house but we are best of friends.
Later that night, my phone rang and seeing she
is the one, I smiled, I picked it up.
Lina:- Hello pen-brain
Myself:- Hello babygem *I murmured*
Lina:- What did you say?
Myself:- *Laughs* nothing jare, how you?
Lina:- You not serious, you just too funny to
be with
Myself:- And you too
Lina:- Well I love your company today, I called
to thank you very much
Myself:- I did for a purpose
Lina:- Ohh, and the purpose is what
Myself:- I don't know
Lina:- You're a naughty boy
Myself:- And you're a baby gem
Lina:- *She laughs*, but help me plead to your
friends about how I reacted to them the other
day
Myself:- No problem
Lina:- Okay thank you dear
Myself:- But Lina if I may ask, what happened
to you the other day that made you so sad and dejected
Lina:- Hmmmm, pen!
Myself:- Yes dear
Lina:- It's a long story
Myself:- And do you wish to let me know?
Lina:- I will tell you everything but not now
Myself:- Okay dear
Lina:- Byeee, Sweet Dreams
Myself:- Same here.
As days turned in to weeks and weeks turns into
months our second semester exam has been
fast approaching, all the girls and guys that
do form before are now staying glued with their books because nobody want to find
him/herself in the *relegation zone*.
I and my friends were studying when I heard my
phone ringing, slowly I picked it up but I was baffled when I saw the name on it
*Lina*. Hurriedly I dropped my book, Ekony and my friends
were staring at me but *mi o worry*.
*I picked it up*
Lina:- Hello Pen *her voice sounds so cold*
Myself:- Hello dear what happened to you, your
voice sounds so babyish
Lina:- I'm trying to read but I am not gaining
anything at all
Myself:- Ahaha why?
Lina:- I don't know
Myself:- Then what do you want to do now?
Lina:- Maybe you should come around to my house
now, when I see you maybe I will gain something. On hearing this, my heart sank
in to my legs.
Myself:- What did you just say now?
(To Be Continued)
No comments:
Post a Comment