As
we were watching the movie Manish called.
Manish:
Hello! Baby guess what! I am coming to luanshya next weekend I can't wait to see
you..
Me:
Wooow!! Honey am so happy, I can't wait to see you. When you come we should go
for pizza in town trust me uncle Ben's pizza is the best.
Manish:
Since when did you start liking pizza, I thought pasta and mince is your favourite
meal.
Who
took you there?
Me:
uhmmmm....mmm I went with my grandparents.
Manish:
I can hear some noise where are you?
Me:
Am watching a movie titled "Morgan". It’s interesting.
(Ernest
started laughing so loud all of a sudden).
Manish:
Baby I can hear a guy's voice in the back ground laughing, who is he?
Me:
uhmmmm...mmmmmm (I went quiet without realising).
Manish:
Hello!!!! I asked who is the guy laughing? (He asked sounding irritated).
Me:
Baby what are you trying to say? Nobody is here with me it is in the movie c'mon
baby.
(Ernest
shouts again deliberately "Nohata my angel look")
Manish:
What!!!!! Nohata don't tell me it’s what I think it is. I beg you in Jesus Name
tell me the truth (he screamed on the phone angrily).
Me:
Baby!! Okay fine, he is my neighbor he brought over his laptop to watch a movie
with me. It's not what you're thinking baby I love you only I will explain when
you come.
Manish:
Nohata I swear upon the God that my family and I have been serving if I find out
there’s more to it you won't like me!!!! I promise you (he hang up).
What
was that Ernest? Are you stupid, please tell me are you insane!!!! Manish is my
boyfriend he is my everything and I will not let you come between us! Please leave
my house, I can see you're bound to destroy my destiny Out! Out! Out right now you
fool!. "Please forgive me I donno what came over me, I know I am a fool and
I messed up" he said.
Just
shut up you fool and get out of my house! You are always apologizing ever since
I met you!!! You act weird please don't provoke me! I said with tears of anger flowing
over my cheeks. "Okay fine am leaving but please calm down". I led him
out of the house, I locked the door and played my loud music. I got the bowl of
popcorn and the juice and cruched them with anger. I texted Manish over and over
but he didn't reply, I tried calling but he hang up on me. I have never heard him
sound so upset we would have arguments but he has never screamed at me, even though
he was far I could feel his pain. I was heartbroken I blamed myself for being too
nice and too polite to a cycle path like Ernest. I cried myself to sleep.
My
5am alarm woke me up with its violent ringing, I found myself in the living room
I slept on the carpet. The house was messy with popcorns all over the carpet. I
cleaned the house quickly before my grandparents could come and find a mess. I called
my grandparents to find out what time they were coming home
ON
THE PHONE.
Me:
Good morning grandma? What time are you coming home?
Grandma:
Good morning my girl, we are on our way home my angel see you soon.
I
hang up.. I rushed to the kitchen to make breakfast and prepared water for them
to bath.
Right
after I finished setting the table the door opened. They are here! I said to
myself. I hugged my grandparents so tightly pushing back the tears in my eyes..
"I missed you mama Lucy" I said to my grandma. Breakfast is ready and
I prepared water for you to take a shower I told them. "Awwww my little girl
you're so hardworking just like your mother Nelly that's why I knew she'd make a
good wife to my son Julio, and since your father is our only child we had to make
sure he married a hardworking and respectable woman" my grandmother said as
we walked to the dining room. "How was your night my dear?" My grandfather
asked. "Huh... My night was okay grandpa I locked all the doors and went to
bed".
I
went to water the garden after breakfast and there came the lunatic "Ernest!"
I pretended not to see him coming towards my direction. As he got closer I got angrier
I ran and went into the house through the back door.
To
Be Continued
No comments:
Post a Comment